A long-requested, and much overdue feature today - Python2.7 is now the default, meaning it’s the default python at the command line, it’s the default python when you use
easy_install, but most importantly, it’s the default Python for your web apps!
NB - this means any custom packages you’ve installed for your web app using the
--user flag need to be reinstalled. If you didn’t get the memo, you may need to do that now!
Aside from that, we’ve had several little tweaks and performance improvements:
- improvements to console responsiveness
- squid proxy should be more resilient
- reduced swappiness on the web servers to reduce thrashing (thanks Cartroo)
- randomised default start time on scheduled tasks (thanks a2j!)
- implemented the uwsgi idle timeout for workers (thanks Roberto!)
- Fixed the subversion proxy bug (thanks ccoovrey)
Thanks to everyone that’s reported bugs suggested improvements, or nagged us for new features. In particular: profread, mjmare, MorePyPlease, decisioncandy and egasimus.